While massages at a spa or resort can feel good, massage therapy offered by chiropractors and other professionals is a different type of service entirely. This type of massage focuses on deep tissue treatments where experts apply pressure to resolve pain and dysfunction.
At Scenic Health & Chiropractic we offer massage therapy sessions for the Pensacola, FL, area. This type of chiropractic massage therapy can be extremely beneficial and has several important uses!
Massage Therapy Can Treat Specific Injuries
Muscle injuries often lead to knots, stiff muscles, and limited range of movement. Not only can this be painful, but it can also inhibit healing and cause other problems. Massage therapy helps to loosen muscle tissue and improve blood flow. This encourages healing and helps increase range of motion during other therapies, providing very important benefits!
If you’re currently undergoing physical therapy, massage therapy can be an excellent addition to your treatment plan. It’s a common component of treatment for recovering athletes, those getting over minor car accident injuries, and people in similar situations.
Massage Can Provide Other Benefits as Well
This type of professional massage isn’t just for pulled muscles and other injuries. Massage has many whole-body benefits that can help a variety of patients. These benefits include:
- Treatment for head and neck aches caused by stress or similar issues.
- Treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome and other problems caused by repeated movement.
- Boosting the immune system to help fight disease or encourage recovery from an illness
- Breaking down scar tissue. This is more common in long-term injuries and physical therapy to help rebuild muscles that are slowly recovering over time. Reducing scar tissue helps repair muscles, allowing them to gain their past mobility and avoid the limited movement that can result after healing.
- Treating regular knots and fatigue by targeting everyday muscle issues related to things like poor posture. This can be very effective when treating chronic pain, especially issues like lower back pain or shoulder pain.
- Improving mood and reducing fatigue and nausea.
- Treatment for fibromyalgia and other painful conditions.
Massage Therapy Works Best Over Time
While one session of massage therapy can leave you feeling great, it’s important to talk to your chiropractor about creating a full massage treatment plan with multiple sessions. This is necessary to help improve the healing process and treat ongoing issues that will need time to fully resolve. You can ask your chiropractor about how long treatment will take based on your condition.
To learn more about massage therapy and if it’s right for your situation, contact Scenic Health, serving the Pensacola area. We will be happy to answer all your questions! Have questions? Give us a call at (850) 438-5900.