Knee Pain Treatment
Knee pain is a prevalent condition amongst people of all ages. It may crop up suddenly, mainly after a personal injury or exercise. Knee pain can start as mild discomfort, then gradually become debilitating. Chiropractic care can help with knee pain.
At Scenic Health & Chiropractic in Pensacola, FL, our chiropractor provides a variety of treatment methods for knee pain and other ailments. Our goal is to help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
What Is Knee Pain?
The knee joint is a complicated body part that is used for many daily activities. The joint is susceptible to injury and degeneration. Women are more at risk of suffering from knee pain than men. Athletes who indulge in strenuous activities, like quick pivoting or jumping, are also vulnerable to knee pain problems. Most propagators of knee pain are associated with aging, personal injury, or recurring stress on the knee.
Symptoms of Knee Pain
- Constant ache
- A sharp, shooting pain when indulging in an activity
- Dull, burning discomfort
- Redness and warmth
- Instability or weakness
- Crunching or popping noises
- Limited movement of the knee
- Difficulty straightening the knee
Common Causes of Knee Pain
The knee joint is comprised of bone, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons, which can be injured and inflamed, culminating in knee pain. Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome: This causes pain in the front of the knee that worsens when taking stairs, climbing, or walking up an incline. When you strain tendons that interconnect muscles with your bones, they can get inflamed.
- Meniscal tear: A prevailing knee injury can sometimes cause the cartilage to rapture. The rigid edges can get stuck in the joints, triggering pain and inflammation.
- Kneecap dislocation: The knee cap usually moves along a groove at the bottom of the femur bone, but when the kneecap becomes displaced, it starts moving in the wrong direction. This misalignment will destabilize the joint, triggering pain and possibly inflammation.
Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
When you first visit us, our chiropractor will perform a physical exam to look for any underlying conditions that could be causing knee pain. After a diagnosis, we will devise a treatment plan unique to your condition. Our chiropractor can use several different techniques to alleviate your pain and help your knee heal. These include:
- Ice application to mitigate swelling
- A chiropractic adjustment to alleviate pressure on the knee
- A soft tissue massage to suppress inflammation, enhance blood flow, and improve your range of motion
- Cold laser therapy to stimulate natural healing in the knee
- Physical therapy, including gentle stretching and strengthening exercises
You may need several sessions with our chiropractor for your knee to fully heal and recover.
Visit Our Pensacola, FL Chiropractor for Knee Pain Relief
If you are suffering from knee pain, we can help. At Scenic Health & Chiropractic in Pensacola, FL, our chiropractor provides personalized care to alleviate your pain and help your knee heal. We are happy to answer any questions you have. Call us today to schedule an appointment.